logo-responsive
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Multilingual site: hornav mainmenu for multiple languages? (solved)

Multilingual site: hornav mainmenu for multiple languages? (solved) 7 years 1 week ago #359

• Lady_Di
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi,
i made a site in 2 languages and i need 2 mainmenu( 1 for the italian language and 1 for english language) but from backend of the template it's possibile select only 1 menu.

And I also need to select a language for my main menu, I created a module in
-> Extentions modules but i can't make it the position "hornav menu".

What I should modify in .php and .css files?
Can you help me please?

Thanks.
D.
Last Edit: 3 years 10 months ago by JohnO.
The topic has been locked.

Multilingual site: hornav mainmenu for multiple languages? (solved) 7 years 1 week ago #365

• JohnO
Hello Lady_Di,

Solution for multiple languages
In your Template Manager. Click on styles. You will see all the styles currently in your joomla installation. Select the Template style example - DesignCanvas style and duplicate it for each language you want.
Example one style for English and another style for German. In each of the styles then select the default language you want for that style. Now select the menu in the style for that particular language.

You can put the language switch in any of the available module positions in your template.

Thanks,
JohnO
Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by JohnO.

Multilingual site: hornav mainmenu for multiple languages? (solved) 7 years 6 days ago #370

• Lady_Di
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
JohnO wrote:
Hello Lady_Di,

Solution for multiple languages
In your Template Manager. Click on styles. You will see all the styles currently in your joomla installation. Select the DesignCanvas style and duplicate it for each language you want.
Example one style for English and another style for German. In each of the styles then select the default language you want for that style. Now select the menu in the style for that particular language.

You can put the language switch in any of the available module positions in your template.

Thanks,
JohnO
thank you very much JohnO :cheer:
The following user(s) said Thank You: JohnO
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds