logo-responsive
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How create a new module position on top of header? (solved)

How create a new module position on top of header? (solved) 6 years 3 months ago #1138

• chevillardgreg
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Good morning:

I'd like to create a new module position on top of the header instead of social media icons. I am using the Brightfuture template and my website is www.curalabgenetics.com

Thank you! ;)

Greg
Last Edit: 5 years 11 months ago by .
The topic has been locked.

How create a new module position on top of header? (solved) 6 years 3 months ago #1153

Hello Greg,

To create a new module position in your templates header please do the following.
Note:This method can be used in all templates from joomlage0054-multiplex to our latest release.

STEP 1
Add the following to the bottom of the nexus.css file located in your templates css folder. You can adjust the left and top values to position the module where you want it in your header.
/* mymodule */
#mymodule {
    left: 800px;
    top: 7px;
    margin: 3px;
    padding: 3px;
    position: absolute;
}

STEP 2
Open the following file header.php which is located in your templates php/layouts/ directory

Add the php code shown below just under the following line of code<div id ="header" class="block_holder">
<?php if ($this->countModules( 'mymodule' )) : ?>
<div id="mymodule" class="block_holder"><div class="module_margin">
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="mymodule" />
</div></div>
<?php endif; ?>

STEP 3
Note: The new module position will not be listed under the module positions currently available. You have to add it yourself.

To add the new module position please do the following.
In your module manager click on the module you want in your new position. In the template details position field type in the name of the module to create the position mymodule

Click save to save your module.

Thanks,
JohnO
Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by JohnO.

How create a new module position on top of header? (solved) 6 years 3 months ago #1164

• chevillardgreg
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Thanks John0 for your reply!
Again, you solved my issue. ;)

Best,

Greg
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Re: How create a new module position on top of header? (solved) 6 years 1 week ago #1929

• Migizi
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Great advice, on question tho, how would you get the module position to show up in the positions list? :woohoo:

Re: How create a new module position on top of header? (solved) 6 years 5 days ago #1937

Hello Migizi,

Open the module in the module manager that you want in the new position. Now simply type the name of the position into the module position field.

Thanks,
JohnO
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds